Have you always felt that the vehicles of GTA V sound bland and generic? Or you want to bring back the vibes from a better title? Well, here’s a solution.
Interestingly enough, V also uses non-granular (loop) vehicle audio, just like in GTA IV, but mostly for trucks and vans. This mod aims to reintroduce the IV sounds for all pre-next gen vehicles (including all returning IV cars). It also comes with add-on EFLC sounds as they weren’t present in V files.
The current release does not include boats, helicopters or horns. This might change in an update, if there’s enough demand.
List of vehicles can be found here (IV vehicles are not featured as they use their respective sounds from the previous game. Also counts for vehicles which already used loop sounds, f.ex. trucks).
In-game previews are featured in the linked video.
1. Start OpenIV and go to “mods” folder (create one in case if you don’t have it)
2. Navigate to “mods\update\x64\dlcpacks”
3. Paste “ivvehsfx” folder into the “dlcpacks” folder.
4. Go to “dlclist.xml” in “update\update.rpf\common\data” and select “move to mods folder”, or “show in mods folder” if it has already been moved.
5. Add “dlcpacks:\ivvehsfx” to the list in the dlclist.xml.
Codewalker – editing sound config files
OpenIV – adding sound banks
Jeansowaty – help and support
Matt1010 – creating video