This mod is built upon Taxi Ride mod. The original author of this mod is Sarafsuhail, whom I’m very thankful to. Thanks a lot.
**You will need Modloader for this. If you don’t have it already, download the latest version from MixMods.com.br/2015/01/SA-Modloader.html
Extract the folder “TaxicTendencies” to your Modloader folder.
– Press TAB to hail a cab.
– Hold down F (or the enter/exit vehicle button) to enter cab as a passenger.
– You need to mark your destination on map (by adding a target blip).
– Press LMB (or fire button) to start the journey.
– Press C to switch between first person view and normal view.
– Press LMB (or fire button) to skip the trip.
– Press SHIFT to hurry. Press it again to follow traffic rules.
– Press SPACE (or handbrake button) to change destination.
– Time now advances when you skip ride.
– Fixed the bug where CJ enters as a driver instead of a passenger by adding a delay before the check.
– Got rid of all global variables, thus made the mod more stable.
– Added the ability to change destination during a ride.
– Fixed the bug that existed in the original mod where CJ can’t exit the taxi while it’s moving.
– Added more options to the ZON addon. Now you can use it to check the filename for the specific zone, check the zone’s full name and check if an audio file for the current zone exists or not.
– CJ can hail cabs now. When you do, yes, as you expected, the cab will stop for you. (There are 7 variations for CJ’s hail line and they are all ugly and pretty similar. That’s because I couldn’t get the AI to raise CJ’s tone voice. So I just extracted and used the lines for CJ calling out recruits when they are too far.. for now)
– You enter the cab as a passenger by holding down the ENTER button, rather than having a dedicated button.
– Now instead of sitting behind the driver, CJ will enter the cab through the nearest door.
– Works with controllers.
– The text box now shows instructions similar to the ones from GTA IV.
– Fixed timings of several actions. Added delays where there need to be.
– Now for the main feature of this mod. Cab drivers speak. They ask for your destination and react to when you don’t have enough money.
– Also CJ says the name of the area or the street he wants to go to.
– I’ve left a simple script for you to use if you want to add your own lines for destinations. It’s called Zon.cs and it simply gives you the name of the zone your in. To use it, type ZON and follow the instructions that will appear at the top left corner. Type ZON again to exit the script. You can then add (or replace) your audio file to the root directory of TaxicTendencies and name it as follows: ZON.wav …where ZON is the area name. So for example, Glen Park will be GLN1.wav
– You can also choose other lines for different scenarios. The script will try to load the audio as follows:
MON102 – when you don’t have enough money.
PLN101 – when CJ chooses a different destination.
REQ101 to REQ107 – CJ’s line before destination.
WLC101 – driver’s welcome line when you enter cab.
101 to 107 – CJ’s hailing lines.
– Also there are some leftovers since I was planning on making the taxi drivers have random voices and line, but they were inconsistent and I may add them in a later update when they’re polished. So for now, you can use one of them if you don’t like the default voice or line. Here isthe index so you don’t get confused:
MON/PLN/WLC1__ – voice of Chris Evans
MON/PLN/WLC2__ – voice of GTA SA’s Indian Shopkeeper
MON/PLN/WLC3__ – voice of John Marston from RDR
MON/PLN/WLC4__ – voice of Mike Ermantraut from Breaking Bad
MON/PLN/WLC5__ – voice of Ryan Gossling (just for the memes)
MON/PLN/WLC6__ – voice of Gary Coleman
MON/PLN/WLC7__ – voice of David Cross (he also voices Zero btw)
As you can tell this mod is still in beta. I’m planning on adding more content and features soon.
Here’s a TODO list:
-x (fixed in v0.2b) Getting out of the car at low speed doesn’t work. CJ will only get out of the car when stationary or when at an enough speed to bail out. That’s a bug that existed in the original mod and I haven’t fixed it yet.
– Will add the animation for hailing a cab from GTA IV.
– Will add an Easter egg where you’ll have a 1/20 chance of the cab driver kidnapping you and bringing you to the Altruists camp/cult in mount Chiliad from GTA 5.
– Gonna make the drivers have a variety of random lines and voices.
– Will add random conversations to play during the trip.
– Will add lines for changing the radio station.
– There’s another bug where the driver gets aggravated and gets out of the car when someone hits it. It will be fixed.
– That’s it for now. If you have ideas or want to report any bugs, please send it to me on gtaforums.com / gtainside.com (username: Xeedius) or leave a comment on the mod page or the YouTube video.