On this page you will find the list of the main characters of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, with a short description and a portrait of their profile.
Toni Cipriani is the protagonist of the game. After four years, in which he escaped for being accused of the murder of one of the enemies of the boss Salvatore Leone, he is back in Liberty City, where he wants to take back what is due to him.
- We’ll meet him again in GTA: III.
- His voice is voiced by Danny Mastrogiorgio.
Salvatore Leone is the boss of the mafia family that controls Portland. Originally from Palermo, he became the Don of the family in the mid 80’s and now owns the majestic villa on the cliffs of St. Marks.
- His mafia gang is in conflict with the Triads and the Colombian Cartel.
- We will meet him again in GTA: III and GTA: San Andreas.
- His voice is voiced by Frank Vincent.
Vincenzo “Lucky” Cilli is a member of the Leone family and Salvatore Leone’s deputy. Taking advantage of Tony’s absence he has “climbed” the ranks of the family coming very high. He is a clean and polite person, unlike Toni.
- It may be for him that Toni will have to do some work, even trying to set him up.
- His voice is voiced by Joe Lotruglio.
Detective Leon McAffrey is the typical corrupt cop in the Liberty City Police Department.
Who said that crime doesn’t pay?
- He is joined by Ray Machowski, a policeman still clean to whom he will “demonstrate” the art of corruption.
- His voice is voiced by Ron Orbach.
Donald Love is a powerful businessman from the city who, through Claude, will start a real gang war between Yakuza and the Colombian Cartel, with a consequent increase in the value of his properties. He owns Love Media and the Chatterbox, Flashback 95.6, Double Cleff FM and Head Radio radio stations. He also owns the Liberty Tree Paper, the local Liberty City newspaper.
- His voice is voiced by Will Janowitz.
Maria Latore is the wife of Salvatore Leone (much older than the young woman). We will meet her again in GTA III, where she will be Salvatore Leone’s lover and fall in love with Claude Speed.
- Her voice is voiced by Fiona Gallagher.
Joseph Daniel O’Toole, also known as JD, is a perverted criminal. He’s involved with the Sindacco business and runs the red light club “Paulie’s Revue Bar”.
- His voice is voiced by Greg Wilson.
Giovanni Casa owns a grocery store in Saints Marks. It seems that sometimes he talks a little too much, but when it comes to showing his teeth, he runs away with his tail between his legs.
- His voice is doubled by Joel Jones.
But Cipriani is the mother of our protagonist Toni Cipriani. She is happy with her son for not having warned her of his four years outside Liberty City, and compares his son to many people, including his father, claiming to be unfit for anybody. But Toni will try to show you the opposite.
- We will meet her again in GTA III, where she will run an Italian restaurant with her son.
- Her voice is voiced by Sondra James.
Ray Machowski is one of the few non-corrupted cops in Liberty City. Alongside detective Leon McAffery, he soon realizes how hard honest life is in his city.
- We’ll meet him again in GTA III, where he’ll become a corrupt cop.
- His voice is voiced by Peter Appel.
Massimo Torini is an old-fashioned mafia man, one of the last true descendants of “Cosa Nostra”.
Franco Forelli is one of the bosses of the Forelli mafia family. He is fighting with the Leone family for traffic in the Portland area.
- We will meet the Forelli again in GTA III, always fighting with the Leone.
Paulie Sindacco is the boss of the Sindacco family of Liberty City. He is often on the move, especially in the city of Las Venturas and gives orders to his henchmen even from “remote”.
- Very strict and austere, it is better not to infuriate him.
- We will meet the Sindacco again in GTA: San Andreas.
Jane Hopper is the head of the Liberty City union, often changing alliances depending on the compensation she receives in return. Her strong and enterprising character makes her a real steel “woman”.
- Her voice is voiced by Gordana Rashovich.
Miguel is Catalina’s partner and head of the Colombian cartel. Together with his partner, he manages the spunk drug trade throughout Liberty City.
- You can see him for a few seconds in the game, but we’ll meet him again in GTA III.
- His voice is voiced by Al Espinosa.
Mickey Hamfists, known as Mick, is a Mafia henchman, one of the most trusted. He is investigated by the police for brawling, assault, racketeering and drug dealing. We’ll see him again in GTA III, as Luigi Goterelli’s right arm and bodyguard.
- His voice is voiced by Chris Tardio.
Avery Carrington is a landowner who has built his fortune with his own hands, with sacrifices and hard work. He has undergone a throat operation and in order to be able to speak he must use a tool to rest on his vocal cords. We’ll meet him again in GTA: Vice City.
Ned Burner is a reporter for the local Liberty Tree newspaper. He cares about his work and would like to make a name for himself in the world of journalism. In doing so, he often exaggerates in telling the stories he witnesses, or even invents his articles to grab the attention of readers.
- His voice is doubled by Peter Bradbury.
His real name is actually Mullan, but he’s now known by the nickname 8-Ball. He’s an explosives expert and will be of help during the game, merging advice to Toni.
- His voice is voiced by Guru.
Kazuki Kasen is the older brother of Kenji Kasen, the head of the Japanese mafia, the Yakuza, in Liberty City.
- He owns the Staunton Island casino and is married to Toshiko Kasen.
- His voice is voiced by Keenan Shimizu.
Toshiko Kasen is Kazuki Kasen’s wife. Although she is from a noble family, her husband married her for political reasons and ignores her, preferring his gang and his business to his wife’s company.
- Her voice is voiced by Hannah Moon.